Join this 2.5 hour tour for lifetime opportunity to be emerged in the nature and culture of real Sri Lanka Village. Your driver will pick up from centrally located Sigiriya or Dambulla hotel & drive by a Tuk tuk to Ehhelagala Village, a beautiful rural area in Sigiriya city. Tour start with a Bullock cart ride near to the village pond & at there you will experience a boat ride to the next side of the rural village. After short walk within the paddy fields & vegetable cultivation you can reach village house. At the village house you can relax & taste a delicious Sri Lankan Lunch or Snacks. Then take a Tuk Tuk ride to tour start point & after finish tour you will be take back to your hotel by Tuk tuk.
Complete package includes a Hotel pickup & drop-off by Tuk Tuk, Bullock cart ride, Boat Ride, Visit a Village House, have a local lunch or Snack and Take a Tuk-Tuk Ride.
Hotel pickup by Tuk tuk > 10.30 AM
You will be picked up by a safari jeep from your hotel and drive approximately 15-30 minutes to reach the trekking starting point. Safari jeep transfer gives you a very good chance to experience the natural breeze and take photos of the attractions alongside the road.
Bullock cart ride – 11.00 AM
Usually this trek begins with a Bullock Cart Ride to Ehelagala through unbeaten village tracks. It adjacent to the great ‘Sigiriya rock’. You can ride the bullock cart in gravel path becomes the dust, red soil of a bund. There are 2 Bulls dragging the cart and ride last long from 15 minutes. Rides ends near the Lake.
Canoe Boat ride
Canoe Boat Ride takes place on the Ehelagala lake. You will cruise admiring the amazing views besides the lake which is also overlooking the Sigiriya and pidurangala rocks. If you are interested in, you can also join with the Boatman and help out rowing the boat. He might surprise you with his craftsmanship and creativity, hat for the gentleman and a beautiful necklace for the ladies. At the end of the Tour Boat will dock by the small village on the other side of the shore.
Village House & Lunch / Snacks > 11.45 PM – 1PM
You can observe a traditional daily live of a real village house. Should not miss a visit to the paddy field, See a garden where endemic vegetable grown. Climb the tree house next to the paddy field where farmers sleeps at night and try to keep animals away from the paddy.
You can enjoy a simple traditional meal prepared by a village woman the using the Farmer’s hand-picked vegetables from the plot. If time permits you can also see how a village woman cook a traditional meal or a roti.
After lunch / Snacks, there will be small presentation of how to make a roof out of coconut leaves and how to use kulla and mirisgala to separate rice seeds from the husks and straw.
Tuk Tuk ride > 1.00 PM
At the end of the village tour you will be taking a Tuk-Tuk ride back to the starting point.
Hotel drop-off by Tuk Tuk or Safari Jeep > 1.15 PM
Then drive back to your hotel by safari jeep.
1.30 PM > Arrive your hotel. (Or you can Join Minneriya / Kaudulla National Park jeep Safari Tour for visit Great Elephant Gathering – Price Not include, Have to book as separate tour)
- All Entrance fees (Bullock cart ride, Catamaran Boat ride, Tuk tuk ride)
- Snack / Lunch at village house (* If you need Lunch request in Additional note box)
- Hotel Pickup service
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
* Lunch serve from 11Am to 2.30Pm only
Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence prior to this time. you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Departure Location Name: A Village, Sigiriya
> For hotels in Sigiriya & other area can pickup and drop off with a additional fee. Please contact us with your hotel name and address.
Directions to Departure Location:
> A Village, Sigiriya (Use Google map)
Returns to original departure point
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by calling or SMS with mention exact pickup Location
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, back problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to rugged surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- For pickup & drop-off from Sigiriya & other area hotels can arrange by an additional fee. Please call us in advance.
- Please include your Mobile / Local contact number & Hotel pickup details in the booking