Join this 2.5 hour Habarana Village tour for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the nature and culture of a real Sri Lankan village. Your guide cum driver will pick you from centrally located Habarana hotel & drive you by tuk-tuk to Hiriwadunna village, a beautiful rural area in Habarana city. The tour starts with a bullock cart ride near the village pond, and from there, you will experience a boat ride to the next side of the rural village. After a short walk through the paddy fields and vegetable cultivation, you can reach the village house. At the village house, you can relax and taste a delicious Sri Lankan lunch. Then take a Tuk Tuk ride to the tour’s start location. After you finish the tour, you will be taken back to your hotel by a tuk-tuk.
The complete package includes hotel pickup and drop-off by Tuk-Tuk or Safari Jeep, a bullock cart ride, a boat ride, a visit to a village house, a local lunch, and a Tuk-Tuk ride.
Hotel pickup by Tuk-tuk
You will be picked up by a tuk-tuk from your hotel situated in Habarana and drive approximately 15 minutes to reach the trekking starting point. Tuk-tuk transfers give you a very good chance to experience the natural breeze and take photos of the attractions along the road.
Bullock cart ride
Usually, this 2.5 hour tour begins with a bullock cart ride to Hiriwadunna through unbeaten village tracks. There are 2 bulls dragging the cart, and the ride lasts from 15 minutes to 30 minutes. Rides end near Hiriwadunna Lake, where you get off the cart and join a catamaran boat ride.
Catamaran Boat ride
A catamaran boat ride takes place on Hiriwadunna Lake. You will cruise admiring the amazing views besides the lake, which also overlooks the Sigiriya and Pidurangala rocks. If you are interested, you can also join the boatman and help row the boat. He might surprise you with his craftsmanship and creativity a hat for the gentleman and a beautiful necklace for the ladies. At the end of the tour, the boat will dock by the small village on the other side of the shore.
Village House & Lunch > (11am – 2.30pm)
You can observe a traditional daily live of a real village house. Should not miss a visit to the paddy field, See a garden where endemic vegetable grown. Climb the tree house next to the paddy field where farmers sleeps at night and try to keep animals away from the paddy. You can enjoy a simple traditional meal prepared by a village woman the using the Farmer’s hand-picked vegetables from the plot. If time permits you can also see how a village woman cook a traditional meal or a roti. After lunch there will be small presentation of how to make a roof out of coconut leaves and how to use kulla and mirisgala to separate rice seeds from the husks and straw.
At the end of the village tour you will be taking a Tuk-Tuk ride few-miles back to the main road- Habarana.
Then drive back to your hotel by Tuk-tuk..
1.45 PM > Arrive your hotel. (Or you can Join Minneriya / Kaudulla National Park jeep Safari Tour for visit Great Elephant Gathering – Price Not include, Have to book as separate tour)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by a Tuk-tuk
(Habarana / Sigiriya / Dambulla City area Hotels only)
- Local driver cum guide
- All Entrance fees (Safari Jeep ride, Bullock cart ride, Boat ride, Tuk tuk ride)
- Lunch at village house
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence prior to this time. you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Departure Location Name:
> Pickup & drop off – Hotels in Habarana / Our tour hut
Directions to Departure Location:
# Safari No 4, Hiriwadunna, Main street, Habarana | GPS
Returns to original departure point
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by calling or SMS with mention exact pickup Location
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, back problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to rugged surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Please include your Mobile / Local contact number & Hotel pickup details in the booking