Join this 3 hour tour for lifetime opportunity to be emerged in the nature and culture of real Sri Lanka Village. Your Guide cum driver will pick up from centrally located Habarana / Sigiriya / Dambulla hotel & drive by a Safari jeep to hiriwadunna village, a beautiful rural area in Habarana city. Tour start with a Bullock cart ride near to the village pond & at there you will experience a boat ride to the next side of the rural village. After short walk within the paddy fields & vegetable cultivation you can reach village house. At the village house you can relax & taste a delicious Sri Lankan Lunch. Then take a Tuk Tuk ride to tour start location. After finish tour you will be take back to your hotel by a safari jeep.
Complete package includes a Hotel pickup & drop-off by Safari jeep, Bullock cart ride, Boat Ride, Visit a Village House, have a local lunch and Take a Tuk-Tuk Ride.
Hotel pickup by Safari Jeep > 9.00 AM
You will be picked up by a safari jeep from your hotel situated in Habarana, Sigiriya or Dambulla and drive approximately 30 minutes to reach the trekking starting point. Safari jeep transfer gives you a very good chance to experience the natural breeze and take photos of the attractions alongside the road.
Bullock cart ride – 9.30 AM
Usually this 03 hour trek begins with a Bullock Cart Ride to Hiriwadunna through unbeaten village tracks. There are 2 Bulls dragging the cart and ride last long from 15mins to 30mins. Rides ends near the Hiriwadunna Lake where you get off from the cart and join for Catamaran Boat Ride
Catamaran Boat ride
Catamaran Boat Ride takes place on the Hiriwadunna lake. You will cruise admiring the amazing views besides the lake which is also overlooking the Sigiriya and pidurangala rocks. If you are interested in, you can also join with the Boatman and help out rowing the boat. He might surprise you with his craftsmanship and creativity, hat for the gentleman and a beautiful necklace for the ladies. At the end of the Tour Boat will dock by the small village on the other side of the shore.
Village House & Lunch > 12PM – 1PM
You can observe a traditional daily live of a real village house. Should not miss a visit to the paddy field, See a garden where endemic vegetable grown. Climb the tree house next to the paddy field where farmers sleeps at night and try to keep animals away from the paddy. You can enjoy a simple traditional meal prepared by a village woman the using the Farmer’s hand-picked vegetables from the plot. If time permits you can also see how a village woman cook a traditional meal or a roti. After lunch there will be small presentation of how to make a roof out of coconut leaves and how to use kulla and mirisgala to separate rice seeds from the husks and straw.
Tuk Tuk ride > 1.00 PM
At the end of the village tour you will be taking a Tuk-Tuk ride few-miles back to the main road- Habarana.
Hotel drop-off by Safari Jeep > 1.15 PM
Then drive back to your hotel by safari jeep.
1.45 PM > Arrive your hotel. (Or you can Join Minneriya / Kaudulla National Park jeep Safari Tour for visit Great Elephant Gathering – Price Not include, Have to book as separate tour)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by a Safari jeep
(Habarana / Sigiriya / Dambulla City area Hotels only)
- Local driver cum guide
- All Entrance fees (Safari Jeep ride, Bullock cart ride, Boat ride, Tuk tuk ride)
- Lunch at village house
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence prior to this time. you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Departure Location Name:
> Pickup & drop off – Hotels in Habarana / Sigiriya / Dambulla city area.
> For hotels in Polonnaruwa & other area can pickup and drop off with a additional fee. Please contact us with your hotel name and address.
Directions to Departure Location:
# Opposite CEB, Safari No 4, Hiriwadunna, Main street, Habarana.
Returns to original departure point
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by calling or SMS with mention exact pickup Location
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, back problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to rugged surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- For pickup & drop-off from Polonnaruwa & other area hotels can arrange by an additional fee. Please call us in advance.
- Please include your Mobile / Local contact number & Hotel pickup details in the booking