Meet your experienced Safari game driver from your hotel at 6.00AM for Morning Half Day tour or at 12.30PM for Evening Half Day tour of Kaudulla National Park.
Experience “The Gathering,” a name given to the elephants that assemble on the banks of the Minneriya Reservoir during the dry season. According to wildlife authorities, the Kaudulla gathering is one of the World largest grouping of wild Asian elephants at any given time.
View the famous elephants as they graze on the grasses growing on the tank bed. Perhaps you’ll spot any of the park’s diverse wildlife, including deer, wild buffalo, wild pigs, grey langers, purple-faced leaf monkeys, porcupines, leopards, sloth bears and assorted birds.
At the end of the safari, head back to Polonnaruwa or Habarana. Depending on the location of your hotel, choose to visit photo stop at sunset of minneriya Tank & the standing big Buddha at Giritale.
When your tour is complete, your vehicle will return you to your hotel or original departure point.
- Private Safari Jeep just for your party
- Professional Safari Driver
- Kaudulla Park Entrance fee
- Kaudulla Park Service fee
- National Park VAT Tax
- Half Day Safari Tour
- Free Hotel pickup and drop-off (Habarana & Minneriya city area hotels only)
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off additional fee, if outside of Habarana & Minneriya city area
– For hotels in Sigiriya , Dambulla , Polonnaruwa & Kandalama area can pickup and drop off with a additional fee. Please contact us with your hotel name and address.
- Gratuities (optional)
Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence may prior to this time as per your hotel location. You must contact us verify your exact pickup time.
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Departure Location Name:
> Free Pickup & drop off – Hotels within the following areas in Habarana city area & Minneriya. (Habarana, Minneriya, Giritale)
> For hotels in Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Dambulla & Kandalama can pickup and drop off with a additional fee. Please contact us with your hotel name and address.
Directions to Departure Location:
# In Front of ‘Cargills Food city’, Habarana
# Opposite ‘Rukmali Hotel’ – Moragaswewa Junction, Habarana.
# Opposite ‘ Gunners Club’ (P & S Restaurant) – Minneriya’
# Opposite ‘Ekho Sigiriya Hotel’, Sigiriya (Former, Sigiriya Rest House)
Returns to original departure point
Suitable for children:
Yes, children will love the spectacle of the gathering herds, often with many baby elephants
What to wear or bring along:
Light cool clothing, a cap / Hat, sunscreen, drinking water and a camera
Important to know:
Guests are not permitted to get off the jeep and walk around the park. Please do not smoke & take alcoholic drinks inside the park and dispose of litter responsibly. Do not feed any of the animals
- Cancellations received 15 days (or more) of departure will incur a penalty of 10% per person.
- Cancellations received within 14 days of departure will incur a penalty of 25% per person.
- Cancellations received within 7 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by Call or SMS / WhatsApp / Viber with mention exact pickup Location to +94776487757
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
- Child below 5 Years are Free of charge. / Child above 11 years apply for Adult ticket.
- Please include your Mobile / Local contact number & Hotel pickup details at the booking
- At some season there is less number of elephants can see in Kaudulla National Park, so as that time we change the tour for ‘Minneriya National Park jeep safari’ or ‘Eco park jeep safari’ as an Alternative Tour option without additional fee for given you the better Safari experience. (No Full / Partial Refund for Safari Tour Changes)