Minneriya Evening Safari Tour Summary:
Meet your safari game driver at your hotel for a 2.5- to 3-hour Minneriya Evening Safari tour of Minneriya National Park.
Experience “The Gathering,” a name given to the elephants that assemble on the banks of the Minneriya Tank during the dry season. According to wildlife authorities, the Minneriya gathering is the world’s largest grouping of wild Asian elephants at any given time.
View the famous elephants as they graze on the grass growing on the Minneriya tank bed. Perhaps you’ll spot any of the park’s diverse wildlife, including deer, wild buffalo, wild pigs, gray langurs, purple-faced leaf monkeys, porcupines, and assorted birds, at Minneriya National Park.
The Minneriya Safari Park is a 15-minute drive from Habarana and a 30-minute drive from Sigiriya. Jeep safari from Habarana is a cheaper safari option.
At the end of the Minneriya Evening Safari, head back to your hotel or tour start point. If you are at Polonnaruwa, choose to visit the photo stop at the sunset of minneriya Tank and the standing big Buddha, Giritale.
When your tour is complete, your vehicle will return you to your hotel or original departure point.
Minneriya Evening Safari Include:
- Private Safari Jeep just for your party
- Professional Safari Driver
- Minneriya Park Entrance Ticket
- Driver & Jeep Entrance fee
- National Park Service fee $10
- National Park VAT Tax 15%
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Minneriya Evening Safari Exclude:
- Food and drink
- Tips for Safari Driver & park ranger (Recommend)
Best period for visit Minneriya National Park
Around the year can see some elephants, other animals & Birds. From May to September is the best season for see many elephants.
Important Info: Elephant Migration between Minneriya, Kaudulla, Hurulu Eco Park & Galoya Eco Park.
Within that region, there are four national parks within close proximity. Minneriya National Park, Kaudulla National Park, Hurulu Eco Park, and Galoya Eco Park are the four of them. Read more
Minneriya Evening Safari Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence may prior to this time as per your hotel location. Contact us verify your exact pickup time.
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Minneriya Evening Safari Departure Location Name:
> Hotel pickup and drop-off: We have hotel pickup and drop-off by the same safari jeep or by car from hotels in Habarana, Sigiriya, Dambulla, Minneriya, Giritale, Polonnaruwa, Kandalama, Kandy, Passikudah and Trincomalee.
Directions to Minneriya Evening Safari Departure Location:
# In front of ‘Green grand seafood Restaurant’, Habarana | GPS
# In front of ‘Habarana Police Bus Stop’, Habarana | GPS
# In front of ‘Gunners Club’ (G & S Restaurant), Minneriya | GPS
# Opposite ‘Ekho Sigiriya Hotel’, Sigiriya | GPS
Returns to original departure point
Suitable for children:
Yes, children will love the spectacle of the gathering herds, often with many baby elephants
What to wear or bring along:
Light cool clothing, a cap / Hat, sunscreen, drinking water and a camera
Minneriya Safari Safety Guideline:
Guests are not permitted to get off the jeep and walk around the park. Please do not smoke or take alcoholic drinks inside the park and dispose of litter responsibly. Do not feed any of the animals. Drones are not allowed.
Please read our ‘Safety Guidelines‘ for more details about how the safari tours operate.
Cancellation and Refund policy
- Cancellations received 15 days (or more) of departure will incur a penalty of 10% per person.
- Cancellations received within 14 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 7 days of departure will incur a penalty of 75% per person.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by Call or SMS / WhatsApp / Viber with mention exact pickup Location to +94776487757
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
- Child below 5 Years are Free of charge. / Child above 11 years apply for Adult ticket.
- Please include your Mobile / Local contact number & Hotel pickup details at the booking
- At some season there is less number of elephants can see in Minneriya National Park, so as that time we change the tour for ‘Kaudulla National Park jeep safari’ or ‘Eco park jeep safari’ as an Alternative Tour option without additional fee for given you the better Safari experience. (No Full / Partial Refund for Safari Tour Changes)