Private Day Tour: Ruins of Ritigala monastry, Hiriwadunna village tour and Minneriya, Kaudulla or Hurulu Eco park Evening Safari
This all-day tour gives a perfect fusion of natural beauty, cultural heritage, history, and wildlife. Meet your driver at your accommodation and drive to Ritigala, the enigmatic ruins of an old mountain monastery. Then, a once-in-a-lifetime chance to fully experience the environment and customs of the authentic Sri Lankan village of Hiriwadunna with local buffet lunch. After, take an evening safari tour to Minneriya, Kaudulla or Hurulu Eco Park to witness elephants, animals, and birds in their native habitats.
Brief Tour Schedule:
8.00 Am – Hotel pick (Depending on your Location this may earlier or later)
9.00 Am – Visit ruins ritigala mountain monastry (Ruins entry fee is included)
12.00 Pm – Join Hiriwadunna village tour with lunch
2.30 Pm – Leave to Minneriya, Kaudulla or Hurulu Safari Park
3.00 Pm – Start Safari tour (Park entry fee is Included)
5.30 Pm – Finish Safari Tour
6.00~6.30 Pm – Back to Hotel
1) Discover the fascinating ruins of the historic Ritigala mountain monastery.
Explore the 1 BC monastery ruins by travelling through a dense jungle that is home to bears, leopards, and wild elephants. Feel like Indiana Jones.
Monastery of Ritigala Forest is The largest hill in Sri Lanka’s northern half is not far from Habarana. On the east side of the range is one of the most mysterious excavated complexes. The so-called meditation platforms, also known as double platforms, are a peculiar kind of building that is only found in Sri Lanka. Previously, the largest monastery of the Pansukulikas Buddhist fraternity, whose goal was to live a more austere and solitary life than other Buddhist monks, was located at this location.
Duration: 2 hours
> Valid ‘passport is required‘ on the day of travel
> A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
> Guide for ruins area not include ( Can arrange for for extra fee on tour day )
2) Hiriwadunna village tour with lunch
Join us for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the nature and culture of a genuine Sri Lankan village during this 2.5-hour tour. Your driver will take you to the lovely farmland of Hiriwadunna Village in Habarana City. Tour start with a Bullock cart ride near to the village pond & at there you will experience a boat ride to the next side of the rural village. After short walk within the paddy fields & vegetable cultivation you can reach village house. At the village house you can relax & taste a delicious Sri Lankan Lunch. Then take a Tuk Tuk ride to tour start point.
3) Hurulu park, Minneriya or Kaudulla National park Safari
afterwards, your evening safari will take place in either Hurula Eco Park, Kaudulla National Park, or Minneriya, depending on where the greatest number of elephants are visible on the day of your trip. A 2.5–3 hour safari is expected.
Experience “The Gathering”, a name given to the elephants that assemble on the banks of the Minneriya / Kaudulla Tank during the dry season. According to wildlife authorities, the Minneriya & Kaudulla gathering is the World largest grouping of wild Asian elephants at any given time.
View the famous elephants as they graze on the grasses growing on the tank bed. Perhaps you’ll spot any of the park’s diverse wildlife, including deer, wild buffalo, grey langers, purple-faced leaf monkeys and assorted birds.
When your tour is complete, your vehicle will return you to your hotel or original departure point.
- Private Vehicle just for your party
- Visit ruins of Ritigala forest monastry (Entry fee include)
- Hiriwadunna village tour with lunch (All fees include)
- Professional Safari Driver
- Minneriya, Kaudulla or Hurulu Park Entrance fee
- Driver & Jeep Entrance fee
- National Park Service fee $10
- National Park VAT Tax 15%
- Parking fees
- Food and drink unless specified
- Tips for Safari Driver & park ranger
- Guide fees of Ritigala ruins area (English guides available from $10 +)
Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Departure Location Name:
> Hotel pickup and drop-off: We have hotel pickup and drop-off by the same safari jeep or by car from hotels in Habarana, Sigiriya, Dambulla and Kandalama.
Directions to Departure Location:
Returns to original departure point
Suitable for children:
Yes, children will love the spectacle of the gathering herds, often with many baby elephants
What to wear:
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
What to bring along:
Passport, A cap or Hat, sunscreen, drinking water and a camera
Safari Safety Guideline:
Guests are not permitted to get off the jeep and walk around the park. Please do not smoke or take alcoholic drinks inside the park and dispose of litter responsibly. Do not feed any of the animals. Drones are not allowed.
Please read our ‘Safety Guidelines‘ for more details about how the safari tours operate.
- Cancellations received 15 days (or more) of departure will incur a penalty of 10% per person.
- Cancellations received within 14 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 7 days of departure will incur a penalty of 75% per person.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by Call or SMS / WhatsApp / Viber with mention exact pickup Location to +94776487757
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
- Child below 5 Years are Free of charge. / Child above 11 years apply for Adult ticket.
- Please include your Mobile / Local contact number & Hotel pickup details at the booking
- At some seasons, there are fewer elephants to see in Minneriya National Park due to elephant migration, so at that time we can change the safari to ‘Kaudulla National Park‘ or ‘Hurulu National Park‘ as an alternative tour option to give you a better safari experience.
* Condition apply. (No Full / Partial Refund for Safari Tour Changes)