Minneriya & Kaudulla or Hurulu Eco park Full Day Safari Tour Summary:
Explore two parks on the same day. Meet your experienced safari game driver at your accommodation at 6 AM for a full-day tour of Hurulu Eco Park and Kaudulla National Park or Minneriya National Park. A full-day excursion is ideal for taking leisurely pictures and seeing wildlife.
Experienced Known as “The Gathering,” the elephants assemble on the banks of Kaudulla and Minneriya Reservoirs during the dry season. The largest gathering of wild Asian elephants in the world at any given time, according to wildlife authorities, is the Minneriya park gathering. The gathering in Kaudulla Park is also one of the biggest gatherings of wild Asian elephants globally.
To witness the elephants in their natural environment, explore the banks of the Kaudulla or Minneriya tanks. They feed on the grass growing on the tank bed and can be seen playing and bathing. Any of the numerous species found in the park, such as iguanas, spotted deer, pink-faced leaf monkeys, golden jackalls, water buffalows, owls, peacocks, and other birds, are possible sightings.
- Private Safari Jeep just for your party
- Professional Safari Driver
- Minneriya & Kaudulla or Hurulu Park Entrance Ticket
- National Park Service fee $10
- National Park VAT Tax 15%
- Full Day Safari Tour
- Free Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off additional fee, if outside of Habarana & Minneriya city area
– For hotels in Sigiriya , Dambulla , Polonnaruwa & Kandalama area can pickup and drop off with a additional fee. Please contact us with your hotel name and address.
- Tips for Safari Driver & park ranger
Best period for visit Minneriya & Kaudulla National Parks
Around the year can see some elephants, other animals & Birds. From June to September is the best season for see many elephants.
Important Info: Elephant Migration between Minneriya, Kaudulla, Hurulu Eco Park & Galoya Eco Park. Within that region, there are four national parks within close proximity. Minneriya National Park, Kaudulla National Park, Hurulu Eco Park, and Galoya Eco Park are the four of them. Read more
Minneriya & Kaudulla fullday safari Tour Program:
6 Am > Pickup at hotel & visit Minneriya/Kaudulla or Hurulu Eco park as per the season
* Mostly for bird watching / See few other wild animals if you lucky / See few Elephants
(Please arrange your packed breakfast. There is no restaurent inside or outside park area. If you take breakfast at hotel, can pickup later time depending on your location. Contact us for pickup times from various hote locations)
9.30 Am > Drop to hotel for take rest till Evening Safari session. (Take Lunch by your own & rest…)
* Optional Tour: Hiriwadunna Village Tour with Lunch (Not Include)
2 Pm> Pickup from Hotel & Visit Kaudulla /Minneriya or Hurulu Eco park as per the season
– Mostly for see many Elephants (At the season, Great Elephant gathering)
– For bird watching / See few other wild animals if you lucky
6 Pm> Drop off you to hotel.
For break time you can choose Optional tours for Extra fee:
At middle of Safari break from 9.30 am to 2pm (If you need extra tours, Please mention)
You can experience ‘Hiriwadunna Village tour‘ with Lunch at Habarana (Include: Bullock cart ride, Canoe boat ride, Village house visit & participate their activities, Lunch or Snack, then back to tour start point by Tuk Tuk)
# Hiriwadunna Village Tour> https://minneriyasafari.com/product/hiriwadunna-village-tour/
- Select the Meeting place as ‘ Habarana’
Minneriya & Kaudulla Safari Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence may prior to this time as per your hotel location. Contact us verify your exact pickup time.
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Minneriya & Kaudulla Safari Departure Location Name:
> Hotel pickup and drop-off: We have hotel pickup and drop-off by the same safari jeep or by car from hotels in Habarana, Sigiriya, Dambulla, Minneriya, Giritale, Polonnaruwa, Kandalama, Kandy, Passikudah and Trincomalee.
Directions to Minneriya & Kaudulla Safari Departure Location:
# In front of ‘Green grand seafood Restaurant’, Habarana | GPS
# In front of ‘Habarana Police Bus Stop’, Habarana | GPS
# In front of ‘Gunners Club’ (G & S Restaurant), Minneriya | GPS
# Opposite ‘Ekho Sigiriya Hotel’, Sigiriya | GPS
Returns to original departure point
Suitable for children:
Yes, children will love the spectacle of the gathering herds, often with many baby elephants
What to wear or bring along:
Light cool clothing, a cap / Hat, sunscreen, drinking water and a camera
Minneriya & Kaudulla Safari Safety Guideline:
Guests are not permitted to get off the jeep and walk around the park. Please do not smoke or take alcoholic drinks inside the park and dispose of litter responsibly. Do not feed any of the animals. Drones are not allowed.
Please read our ‘Safety Guidelines‘ for more details about how the safari tours operate.
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by Call or SMS / WhatsApp / Viber with mention exact pickup Location to +94776487757
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
- Child below 5 Years are Free of charge. / Child above 11 years apply for Adult ticket.
- Please include your Mobile / Local contact number & Hotel pickup details at the booking
- At some season there is less number of elephants can see in Minneriya National Park, so as that time we change the tour for ‘Kaudulla National Park jeep safari’ or ‘Eco park jeep safari’ as an Alternative Tour option without additional fee for given you the better Safari experience.