Meet your experienced Safari game driver from your hotel at 5.45AM for Full Day tour of Minneriya National Park & Kaudulla National Park. Full day tour is better for take photos & relaxly see wild animals.
Visit 2 parks in same day. Experience “The Gathering,” a name given to the elephants that assemble on the banks of the Minneriya & Kaudulla Reservoir during the dry season. According to wildlife authorities, the Minneriya park gathering is the World largest grouping of wild Asian elephants at any given time. Also the Kaudulla park gathering is one of largest wild Asian elephant gathering in the World.
View the native elephants at their natural environment at the banks of the minneriya or Kaudulla tank. You can see they they graze on the grasses growing on the tank bed, playing & bathing. Perhaps you’ll spot any of the park’s diverse wildlife, including deer, wild buffalo, pink-faced leaf monkeys, Eagle, owl, peacock assorted birds and might iguana.
- Private Safari Jeep just for your party
- Professional Safari Driver
- Minneriya & Kaudulla Park Entrance fees
- National Park Service fee
- National Park VAT Tax
- Full Day Safari Tour
- Free Hotel pickup and drop-off (Habarana & Minneriya city area hotels only)
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off additional fee, if outside of Habarana & Minneriya city area
– For hotels in Sigiriya , Dambulla , Polonnaruwa & Kandalama area can pickup and drop off with a additional fee. Please contact us with your hotel name and address.
- Gratuities (optional)
5.45 Am > Pickup at hotel & visit Minneriya National Park
* Mostly for bird watching / – See few other wild animals if you lucky / – See few Elephants
(Please arrange your breakfast. Theere is no restaurent or shops inside or outside park area)
9.00 Am > Drop to hotel for take rest till 2.15pm (For rest time drop only hotels in Habarana/Minneriya & Sigiriya for Short break. Other wise we will drop you at Habarana city for shopping and pickup again at 2.15pm)
2.15 Pm> Pickup from Hotel & Visit Kaudulla National park
– Mostly for see many Elephant (From 50 to 350 Gathering)
– for bird watching.
– See few other wild animals if you lucky
5.30 Pm> Drop off you to hotel.
For break time can choose Optional tours for Extra fee:
At middle of Safari break from 9 am to 2.15pm (If you need extra tours, Please mention)
1) ‘Hiriwadunna Village Tour‘ – 25$ for 1 person
You can experience ‘Hiriwadunna Village tour’ with Lunch or snack at Habarana. (Include: Bullock cart ride, Canoe boat ride, Village house visit & participate their activities, Lunch or Snack, then back to tour start point by Tuk Tuk)
2) Visit sigiriya (by Safari Jeep) – Jeep 20$
# Sigiriya Entry fee by your self – 30$ for 1 person
# Elephant back ride at sigiriya – 20$ for 1 person
3) Visit Pidurangala Rock climb (by Safari Jeep) – Jeep 20$)
# Pidurangala Entry fee by your self – 5$ for 1 person
4) Visit Polonnaruwa Ruins (by jeep) – Jeep 30$
# Ruins Entry fee by your self – 25$ for 1 person
5) Elephant back ride at Habarana – 20$ for 1 person
Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence may prior to this time as per your hotel location. You must contact us verify your exact pickup time.
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Departure Location Name:
> Free Pickup & drop off – Hotels within the following areas in Habarana city area & Minneriya. (Habarana, Minneriya, Giritale)
> For hotels in Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Dambulla & Kandalama can pickup and drop off with a additional fee. Please contact us with your hotel name and address.
Additional fee for hotels outside of Free pickup area: (Per total booking)
Sigiriya Hotels – USD 10
Dambulla Hotels – USD 16
Inamaluwa Hotels – USD 10
Kandalama Hotels – USD 19
Polonnaruwa Hotels – USD 10
Directions to Departure Location:
# Opposite ‘Rukmali Hotel’ – Moragaswewa Junction – Habarana.
# Opposite ‘ Gunners Club’ (P & S Restaurant) – Minneriya’
# Opposite ‘Zink journey Hotel’ – Sigiriya (Former, Sigiriya Rest House)
Returns to original departure point
Suitable for children:
Yes, children will love the spectacle of the gathering herds, often with many baby elephants
What to wear or bring along:
Light cool clothing, a cap / Hat, sunscreen, drinking water and a camera
Important to know:
Guests are not permitted to get off the jeep and walk around the park. Please do not smoke & take alcoholic drinks inside the park and dispose of litter responsibly. Do not feed any of the animals
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by Call or SMS / WhatsApp / Viber with mention exact pickup Location to +94776487757
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
- Child below 5 Years are Free of charge. / Child above 11 years apply for Adult ticket.
- Please include your Mobile / Local contact number & Hotel pickup details at the booking
- At some season there is less number of elephants can see in Minneriya National Park, so as that time we change the tour for ‘Kaudulla National Park jeep safari’ or ‘Eco park jeep safari’ as an Alternative Tour option without additional fee for given you the better Safari experience.