Minneriya Evening Safari Tour Summary:
Meet your experienced Safari game driver from your hotel for your 2.5 to 3 hour Minneriya Morning or Evening Safari tour of Minneriya National Park.
Experience “The Gathering,” a name given to the elephants that assemble on the banks of the Minneriya Tank during the dry season. According to wildlife authorities, the Minneriya gathering is the World largest grouping of wild Asian elephants at any given time.
View the famous elephants as they graze on the grasses growing on the Minneriya tank bed. Perhaps you’ll spot any of the park’s diverse wildlife, including deer, wild buffalo, wild pigs, grey langers, purple-faced leaf monkeys, porcupines and assorted birds at Minneriya National Park.
At the end of the Minneriya Evening safari, head back to your hotel or tour start point. If you are at Polonnaruwa area , choose to visit photo stop the sunset of minneriya Tank & the standing big Buddha, Giritale.
When your tour is complete, your vehicle will return you to your hotel or original departure point.
Minneriya Safari Include:
- Private Safari Jeep just for your group
- Professional Safari Driver
- Minneriya Park Entrance Tickets
- Driver & Jeep Entrance fee
- National Park Service fee
- National Park VAT Tax
- Free Hotel pickup and drop-off (Habarana & Minneriya city area hotels only)
Minneriya Safari Exclude:
- Food and drink
- Tips for Safari Driver & park ranger (Recommend)
Best period for visit Minneriya National Park
Around the year can see some elephants, other animals & Birds. From May to October is the best season for see many elephants.
Minneriya Safari Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence may prior to this time as per your hotel location. Contact us verify your exact pickup time.
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Minneriya Safari Departure Location Name:
> Free Pickup & drop off – Hotels within the following areas in Habarana city area & Minneriya. (Habarana, Minneriya, Giritale & Hingurakgoda)
> For hotels in Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Dambulla & Kandalama can pickup and drop off with a additional fee. Please contact us with your hotel name and address.
Directions to Departure Location:
# In Front of ‘Habarana Police Bus sttop’ / Acme Grand Hotel, Habarana
# Opposite ‘ Gunners Club’ (G & S Restaurant), Minneriya’
# Opposite ‘Ekho Sigiriya Hotel’, Sigiriya (Former, Sigiriya Rest House)
Returns to original departure point
Suitable for children:
Yes, children will love the spectacle of the gathering herds, often with many baby elephants
What to wear or bring along:
Light cool clothing, a cap / Hat, sunscreen, drinking water and a camera
Important to know:
Guests are not permitted to get off the jeep and walk around the park. Please do not smoke & take alcoholic drinks inside the park and dispose of litter responsibly. Do not feed any of the animals
- Cancellations received 15 days (or more) of departure will incur a penalty of 10% per person.
- Cancellations received within 14 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 7 days of departure will incur a penalty of 75% per person.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by Call or SMS / WhatsApp / Viber with mention exact pickup Location to +94776487757
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
- Child below 5 Years are Free of charge. / Child above 11 years apply for Adult ticket.
- Please include your Mobile / Local contact number & Hotel pickup details at the booking
- At some season there is less number of elephants can see in Minneriya National Park, so as that time we change the tour for ‘Kaudulla National Park jeep safari’ or ‘Eco park jeep safari’ as an Alternative Tour option without additional fee for given you the better Safari experience. (No Full / Partial Refund for Safari Tour Changes)