Polonnaruwa Ruins & Minneriya, Kaudulla or Hurulu Eco park Evening Safari Tour Summary
Meet your driver at your hotel for explore Polonnaruwa Ruins city & Minneriya, Kaudulla or Hurulu Eco park Evening Safari Tour.
Brief Tour Schedule:
8.30 Am – Hotel pick (Depending on your Location this may earlier or later)
9.00 Am – Visit Polonnaruwa ancient city & Ruins (Ruins entry $25 is Not Include)
1~1.45 Pm – Lunch
1.45 Pm – Leave to Minneriya, Kaudulla or Hurulu Safari Park
3 Pm – Start Safari tour (Park entry fee is Included)
6 Pm – Finish Safari Tour
6.30~7 Pm – Back to Hotel
1) Visit Polonnaruwa Ruins city & Gal Viharaya
Polonnaruwa ruins tour takes around 3~4 hours. Your driver will take you to see some of the monuments that are the finest examples of Historical Polonnaruwa Kingdom architecture. Some of the main attractions can include:
Royal Palace of King Parakramabahu, Council chamber of King Parakramabahu, Kumara Royal bath pond, Siva Devale, Vatadage, Hetadage (Tooth relic temple), Atadage (Tooth relic temple), Statue of Bodhisatva, Shrine Room, Nissanka latha mandapa, Thuparama image house, Sathmahal Prasada, Gal potha inscription, Rankoth Vehera, Lanka Thilaka image house, Kiri vehera, The Gal Vihara or Uttararama & Thivanka image house.
If time permit can visit Council chamber of King Nissankamalla, Tank Sorowwa, Biso kotuwa, The Statue of King or Sage, Pothgul vihara Library monastry, Monks hospital & Parakrama Lake
> Valid ‘passport is required’ on the day of travel
> A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
> Entrance Fee to ruins is not include for the price (Usd 25 per person) Tickets can buy on tour day.
> English speaking guide not include ( Can arrange for for extra fee on tour day )
2) Minneriya, Kaudulla or Hurulu park Evening Safari
After visit ruins you will be drive to safari park for your 2.5 to 3 hour jeep safari tour of Minneriya National Park, Kaudulla National Park or Hurulu National park (As per the Elephants season)
Experience “The Gathering,” a name given to the elephants that assemble on the banks of the Minneriya / Kaudulla Tank during the dry season. According to wildlife authorities, the Minneriya & Kaudulla gathering is the World largest grouping of wild Asian elephants at any given time.
View the famous elephants as they graze on the grasses growing on the tank bed. Perhaps you’ll spot any of the park’s diverse wildlife, including deer, wild buffalo, grey langers, purple-faced leaf monkeys and assorted birds.
When your tour is complete, your vehicle will return you to your hotel or original departure point.
- Private Vehicle just for your party
- Professional Safari Driver
- Minneriya, Kaudulla or Hurulu Park Entrance fee
- Driver & Jeep Entrance fee
- National Park Service fee
- National Park VAT Tax
- Free Hotel pickup and drop-off (From Minneriya hotels only)
- Food and drink
- Polonnaruwa Ruins entry fee $25
- Tips for Safari Driver & park ranger
- Guide for Ruins area (English/French/Russian/Japanese available from $15 +)
Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence may prior to this time as per your hotel location. You must contact us verify your exact pickup time.
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Departure Location Name:
> Free Pickup & drop off – Hotels within Minneriya.
> For hotels in Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Dambulla & Kandalama can pickup and drop off with a additional fee. Please contact us with your hotel name and address.
Directions to Departure Location:
# Opposite ‘ Gunners Club’ (G & S Restaurant), Minneriya’
# In Front of ‘Habarana Police Bus stop’, Habarana
# Opposite ‘Rukmali Hotel’ – Moragaswewa Junction, Habarana.
# Opposite ‘ Gunners Club’ (G & S Restaurant), Minneriya’
# Opposite ‘Ekho Sigiriya Hotel’, Sigiriya (Former, Sigiriya Rest House)
Returns to original departure point
Suitable for children:
Yes, children will love the spectacle of the gathering herds, often with many baby elephants
What to wear:
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
What to bring along:
Passport, A cap or Hat, sunscreen, drinking water and a camera
Important to know:
Guests are not permitted to get off the jeep and walk around the park. Please do not smoke & take alcoholic drinks inside the park and dispose of litter responsibly. Do not feed any of the animals
- Cancellations received 15 days (or more) of departure will incur a penalty of 10% per person.
- Cancellations received within 14 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 7 days of departure will incur a penalty of 75% per person.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by Call or SMS / WhatsApp / Viber with mention exact pickup Location to +94776487757
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
- Child below 5 Years are Free of charge. / Child above 11 years apply for Adult ticket.
- Please include your Mobile / Local contact number & Hotel pickup details at the booking
- At some season there is less number of elephants can see in Minneriya National Park, so as that time we can change the tour for ‘Kaudulla National Park jeep safari’ or ‘Eco park jeep safari’ as an Alternative Tour option without additional fee for given you the better Safari experience. (No Full / Partial Refund for Safari Tour Changes)